I'm politically neutral and tend to argue against the current government's mis governance. I expect a lot of protests during the inauguration. Hopefully all would be peaceful. Give peace a chance and also at least a short honeymoon period for Trump.
Usually I am against the unfilled promises of politicians. This time I take a different stance as some of Trump's ideas are just not practical. Here are my points and I add solutions to some.
1. ObamaCare. It shifts too much burden from the low class to the middle class. I hope it will be enhanced and not taking it out - a very expensive process. Using "Obama" is a mistake to start with.
We should consider how to pay for it first and how to reduce the costs as described in my blog.
2. We need to abandon some labor-extensive jobs. A $20 wage can never compete with a $2 wage. We cannot blame China on this as many of these jobs are being moved to countries with lower wages.
3. No need to build the border wall. How hard to dig a 10-feet tunnel? Just punish employers hiring illegals. The fines from the employers are incomes as opposed expenses in building the two walls (one in Mexico and one in Canada). The Mexicans will pay for the wall if we give them double the money under the table (has been done many, many times).
However, illegals are taking jobs even the able welfare recipients do not take. We need to encourage folks to work.
4. We cannot borrow money and raise our national debt irresponsibly forever. It will reduce our competitive edge. Have we learned anything from Greece?
5. Climate change has two opposing theories. However, it is better to trust the damage of pollution than not.
6. We need to end the wars and not to start another one. With the
endless wars, we can never balance our budget. We have too many problems
to fix at home.
7. China, Russia and the US are three powers that should work together than confront with each other. The global economies have been integrated better than ever. Free trade has more advantages when all participants play fairly.
All countries to some extent are currency manipulators and protectionists including the US.
Today, China does not want to be the global leader/bully or "Ba" in Chinese. We can make China a friend or a foe.
8. How will Trump finance the infrastructure projects? Our national debt is over 100% of our GDP and revenue will be reduced via the proposed tax cuts.
9. The proposed 45% tariff would drive the world including the US into a depression. Click here for my opinions.
Related article: Risk wars with China.