Note. Need to update the links when I have time.
Contrary to what you're thinking, my primary reason of blogging is not because of the plenty of free time in my early retirement. English is not my native language and being an ITer I have not written much during my career. I have never taken courses in social science and investment besides the required in college. It has to be the fun of trying something different and I enjoy it so far.
I find a lot of newspaper and on-line articles particular on China look right but are totally wrong. I try to use common sense to argue against them.
As I'm not using my full name, I'm not blogging for promoting myself and I have nothing to sell you. You may feel offended sometimes as I blog honestly and I do not care about political correctness and popular opinions (I'm not running for a political job).
Click the highlighted to access the blog. Hence, this blog serves as a rough table of content of the better blogs I wrote for last several years.
* The reason of secular stock market. As indicated by many articles, we've secular market about 20 years interval. My contribution is the cause. It is most likely due to wars for secular bear markets (Vietnam and the two current wars) or lack of for secular bull markets. The next, new bull secular market could start in 2015.
* Coconut Theory on why some natives are lazy naturally. So far no one objects or they're too lazy to defend themselves.
* Global Aging Demographics. I blogged years ago that India's explosive population growth is no good for India and the world. However, even today the popular belief of a larger and younger population is better for India including an article by a professor in a prestigious college.
* How Hong Kong gets so wealthy? A Stanford professor in a syndicated article (it means it has been published in most newspapers that Sunday) told the world that the British rule could make a poor country prosperous using Hong Kong as an example. I argued it was totally wrong and the primary reason for Hong Kong's wealth is its closeness to China then and now.
* Debunking some of Buffett's preachings. I only blog if my views are different to popular beliefs/opinions as I do not want to waste the bandwidth and electronic ink not counting wasting your time. Actually most investing heroes are not doing good recently.
The politicians cannot fix our problems and use China as a convenient scapegoat. Many newspapers, TV stations... want to sell their stuffs by giving what you want to hear/see by twisting the facts.
As a Chinese American, I am naturally biased but I'll not let my dumb nationalism to cover my eyes or yours. There are Chinese bashers and US bashers who do not convince us as they're not using facts. They promote distrust, confrontation, ... that I try to avoid.
Tibet. This comment has over 350 'likes' in an Economist's article. I estimate there are 3,500 reads (using 1 'like' to 10 readers) on this long comment. Initially I faced many resentment from folks esp. from Tibetans in other articles.
Human Right. This blog has ignited discussions and scored some points for China. This one and the last one change the image of China for some.
China is a victim instead of an aggressor for last 250 years. A MUST read for Brits and Japanese.
Economy: Currency, Rare Earth, Quality. Space Station, Tariff,
Social topics: Intelligence Property, Environment, Africa, Hong Kong, Child Labor ,
What China should do in next 5 years.
US and socially speaking.
A Nation of No Losers. Quite popular. You can laugh and cry at the same time.
Trade War with China.
Our trade with China
Conflict with China
Lessons from Wars.
US and Wars
How to solve the trade imbalance
Dear recent college graduates,
Socialism could lead to self-destruction.
Why the wealth gap widens
Is Social Security going to survive?
Should we blame all our ills on China.
Is China friend or foe?
Extremes of Two Nations
Fixing the economy.
Why China is so poor and US so rich.
Effective Health Care Delivery.
Education by example
God of Gods
Political parties and the economy
Corruption, American style
Our problems, solutions and implementations
Market Top. My crystal ball in April is quite right.
Market Timing. II
Spotting big market plunges
Market timing on asset classes
Strategies for secular bull and bear markets
Recovery or W-shaped recession?
A prolonged recession
When stock is over-priced
The mysteries of P/E.
Should you hold a stock forever.
Hedge Fund 101
2011, when stock pickers die
Advice for retirees.
Dividend stock problems.
Sectors you want to avoid.
Refining Dogs of Dow Strategy.
Looking for a multi bagger
Modern Portfolio Theories.
Investment Psychology 101.
Retirees, take notice.
The evils of QE
Identifying Earnings Season Overreaction Opportunities
Volatility and Momentum
Fun and Jokes.
Even if you do not agree everything I said, hope some jokes would give you a laugh. If you get offended, you should check in your closest clinic esp. the humor department. It is not easy to write jokes that are totally unoffensive.
A + B
My day as a farmer. A real story to be told to my grand children.
Diets that always work. Offensive to fatsos.
No Nativity Scene. Offensive to politicians.
Politicians and prostitutes
How to save the airline industry. PG 17.
My stupid name is Boris.
Celebration of Olympic Bronze.
Lady missing a fight.
Lady missing a flight
One paragraph could change your health and life
The best in life
The following are the best blogs from my other blog. It is a collection of good articles/jokes circulated to me.
The new student from India. Very funny!
Break the promise PG 17
The 11th husband PG 17.
Living in 2009
Graduation pictures from China, USA,Japan PG17. Does not work all the time.
Gift for mom
Bishop goes to Hollywood
Sex for seniors
How Staten Island got its name
How 'America' got the name
Who actually is Jesus.
The Yellow Flower Uprising.
Letter from a patriot