Saturday, February 6, 2016

Why you want to read Complete the Art of Investing



Why you want to read this book


It should improve your financial health substantially. I can promise you that reading this book can make you a better investor no matter you are a beginner or a fund manager. There are about a million investment books. Why we need another one?

·         This book (the Kindle version) has over 800 pages (6*9) and is about the size of 3 books. It covers most topics in investing.

·         I select proven ideas from more than 100 books besides my own original ideas and experiences. I skip many good ideas that are not applicable to the current market. It is not a novel or documenting the story of my life.

·         Among many, the following successful predictions with valid arguments can be verified by clicking the links.

·         Recommended Apple at $55.72 (1-7 split adjusted) in April 19, 2013 as the only example in my book Scoring Stocks and I recommended to sell it at $132 on 2/2015 with valid arguments described in this link.

·         Could be the top-performed article in Seeking Alpha, an investing site, for recommending more than 5 stocks in a year from its published date. So far, no one challenges me.

·         Successfully predicted a sideway market in 2015.

·         Successfully detected the recovery in 2009 and it was my best year in with about 80% return.

·         With valid reasons, recommended to dump Buffett’s funds 3 years ago to prevent today’s (1/2016) mediocre returns.
 
·         A best seller was written by a young writer whose main income was from his books and none from his investing. His book is good for beginners or you want to brush up your English. Most of my incomes are from investing. Check out my success stories.

·         Many popular books claiming the authors making millions. However, usually their techniques are hard to follow. Many admitted they had been bankrupted many times. Hence, their chance of bankrupting again is very high. Is bankruptcy fine with you? I cannot afford bankruptcy past, present and future. My techniques minimize risking my money.

·         There are many popular books and famous investors. They worked very well at one time and folks making millions following the advices. However, look at their recent performances of the last five years. Most of them cannot even beat the S&P 500 index.

·         The average performance of the hedge fund is terrible. You cannot depend on others to invest for you. If you do not have time and the desire to learn investing, just follow my simple market timing technique without charts and trade an ETF that stimulates the market.

·         One book describes ROE as the only theme (with the story of the life of the author to fill up the book). It is only one fundamental metric in my book and it takes up several small paragraphs and I dedicate an entire chapter on the often- misused P/E. Many of these books are easy to read but offer you NOTHING in investing.

·         Another best seller told you to exit the market in 2009 missing all the gains since then to 2015. The credentials and degrees are nothing but the actual performances.

My motivation to write this book

I would like to share my experiences, both good and bad. I use simple-to-follow techniques using the free (or low-cost) resources available to us. I have been successful in investing for decades. I am enjoying a comfortable financial life. I do not hold back my ‘secrets’ as my children are not interested in investing. It is my small legacy in sharing my investing ideas. When you read this book, you’re taking a chance of an unknown author. I try my best to make your effort and time worthwhile.

If you are looking how to make 100% return overnight, there are many other books claiming to do so and this book is not for you.

This book describes how to be a ‘turtle’ investor making fortune gradually and surely. Before you begin, define your objective first.

My steps to trade stocks (ETFs are far simpler)

1.       Search for valued stocks (many strategies to choose from).
2.       Evaluate the screened stocks by:
a.       Fundamental Analysis.
b.      Intangible Analysis.
c.       Qualitative Analysis.
d.      Technical Analysis.
3.       Sell stocks. Perform the same as in Step #2 to determine whether you need to sell the stocks you own or keep them for another 6 months.

As everything in life, there is no guarantee that this book will make you a lot of money. However, the chance of success will be substantially improved especially when you practice on most of the ideas presented in this book. Start with paper testing first.

Click the link  for the articles I wrote for SeekingAlpha.com, a site for investors (http://seekingalpha.com/author/tony-pow/articles).

No comments:

Post a Comment