Monday, May 7, 2018

Lessons in investing

* "Sell in May" is a self-fulfilled prophesy unless you think folks need money for vacations and tuition (should be September). I tested this strategy and documented in my book "Complete the Art of Investing" and it worked. I also tested and compared the period for holding from Jan. 1 to April 30 and the period from May 1 to last day of September.

* Who told you all mergee (my silly term) must increase in stock value? Most do but not KLXI. The strategy of buying the mergee and unload it in a month may not always work as in this case.

* My current strategy is "Buy on bad news and sell on good news" works in this market condition so far. Stops are recommended for this risky strategy as the conditions could change.

* I prefer evenly weighted index and 1,000 instead of 500 stocks to yardstick the market. Russell 1000 is still cap weighted. If there is one, I may create one called Tony's Index to boost up my ego. LOL.

----

  Check out my book "Complete the Art of Investing". Click here or search it from Amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment