Friday, August 22, 2014

Kindle Unlimited

Amazon.com is changing our way to access books. First it started with low prices on printed books. Then it gives the writers especially the Indie writers the ability to publish books at virtually no start-up cost. Most books in the their program are sold less than $10. Now, it is the Kindle Unlimited. It will eat into the profits of some book writers when the consumer borrows updated books instead of buying them.

If you enjoy books, try out the free 30-day trial and $10 per month afterwards.

I have written about 20 Kindle books, 20 concise editions (abstracts from the 20 books) and then 40 paperbacks (20 Kindle + 20 concise). Most are in investing and most are now derived from the Art of Investing.

Kindle Unlimited has more holes than Swiss cheese. You can help me to make some money (I promise to give the extra to the poor) by borrowing 10 of my books and returning them with or  reading them 10% (just hit the next page key faster) and borrowing another 10 again. Repeat the process until I'm a millionaire!

It will discourage folks from buying Kindle books. Actually it is good for me even I do it more for fun and killing time.

The Art of Investing is over 600 pages. The reader will borrow it again or just buy it for $10 as it takes too much time to learn and you need to reference it.

Some of my concise versions are only $3 and it will net me $2.1 for royalty for each sold book (far less during promotions). The borrow royalty is about $2 (last month it was $1.81) per borrow. It is the same royalty for my 600-page book or my 40-page concise version. Now, quantity counts and not the size especially those books ranging in 250 pages especially those books with no reference value.

No comments:

Post a Comment