Monday, October 3, 2016

Info from your broker(s)

Back from vacation. Here is a new (or modified depending on when you have my book) article.

--------------



Info from your brokers


I have included two and I am sure other brokers offer similar info.

Charles Schwab

The following link from Charles Schwab offers a lot of insightful articles on this topic.

Fidelity

You have to be their customer to access all their research.  If you are not one already, open an account with the minimal requirements and optionally buy a no-commission ETF from them. Their research is extensive and it could be the biggest bargain. Their StarMine (Analyst Opinions) has been proven to be a good predictor to me.
The following describes some of the features.
·        Analyst Opinion. It is one of the major metrics I use in my proprietary scoring systems. From my limited database in 7/2015 and for short durations, the results are:
Short Term: (7% return for the average)
Metric
Parm. 1
No. of
stocks
%

Parm. 2
No.
%
Predicta-
bility
Fidelity Analyst
Buy
150
10%

Sell
279
3%
Good

Long Term: (8% return for the average)
Metric
Parm. 1
No. of
Stocks
%

Parm. 2
No.
%
Predicta-
bility
Fidelity Analyst
Buy
90
17%

Sell
208
4%
Good

·         ETP (ETF to me).
·         Key Statistics. Select the industry leader by comparing the metrics to its peers. They also compare their own metrics to the average of several years.

No comments:

Post a Comment