Sunday, September 23, 2012

Buy anf forget

Many stocks today belong to my "Buy and forget until the economy returns". I believe the economy will return in 3 to 5 years. Who knows except God and my time machine. 

They are:
FXI. 
I'm still looking for the better entry points.

Cisco. 
Bought several times. In most metrics, Cisco is sound financially. They raise dividends to boost the stock price; it demonstrates why the CEOs can benefit from their options by raising the dividend and the huge premium of dividend.

Beside from another Chinese company, they do not have many competitors except from the poor economy. It belongs to my list 'Buy and Forget (until the economy returns)". My buys in July have appreciated more than 25% - thanks to the 10% rise when they announced dividend boost.

The stock only gains 6% YTD but I have 25%. Hence, timing is everything. I do expect it will rise and fall with the economic news. I will not be surprised if my profit goes to zero, but will be very surprised if it does not gain me another 25% in next 3 years.


Cat. 
Bought several times. It is rising slower than Cisco. The mines and construction projects will buy their equipment when the economy returns.

Intel. 
Bought one time.  Apple will not kill Intel. There are two markets: consumer and business.


There are many deeply valued stocks. Buy them and do not care about the price fluctuations for the next three years. We are buying them against the tide and we need to have patience. From their expected P/Es and the last average P/Es, they're valued.

No comments:

Post a Comment