Tuesday, April 24, 2012

When to sell a stock

My reasons to sell a stock.

1. Met my targets/objectives.
It could be n% return or x% after a year for taxable accounts.

2. The company fundamentals changed for the worse.

3. The market is predicted to be at peak.

4. Realize I made mistake in a stock due to bad analysis, unexpected frauds/lawsuits, and/or bad data.

We need to sell before we have cash to buy. Trading takes advantage of market timing and improves the quality of our portfolio for better appreciation potential.


-------

(c) TonyP4 2012. Written in 4/25/12. Last updated in 4/25/12.

Disclaimer:

Do not gamble your money you cannot afford to lose. Past performance is a guideline and does not guarantee future performance.

All my posts are for informational purposes only. I'm not a professional investment counselor. Seek one before you make any investment decision. 

No comments:

Post a Comment