Monday, April 9, 2012

Anticipating the first correction of 2012?

Anticipating a correction
Today is April 4, 2012. The market has been down by 2% on last 3 losing sessions. Is it the correction we're looking for? Or, it is too early to call.

I have been selling stocks for awhile and moved most Annuity positions to money market fund. My total cash is about 50% and it is the max. for me. I've missed a lot of gains by selling too early even it is the correction.

* Arguments for no correction:
- Corporate profit is still good.
- The economy is improving.

* Arguments for correction
- The next QE will not be materialized and no money to stimulate the economy and the stock market. Contradictory with above argument!
- Virtually 0 interest rate normally stimulates the economy. However, prolonged low rate will lead to long term depression like the lost decades of Japan.
- The market is taking a breather.
- Global problems from China, EU, Japan, N. Africa.

The above is a summary of what experts said. I do not do any research (as they're already available from the web), but summarize their opinions, select what make sense to me, and act accordingly.


A good article on the same subject, click here.


(c) TonyP4 2012. Written: 4/9/2012. Updated: 4/9/2012.

#####
Disclaimer: All my posts are for informational purposes only. I'm not a professional investment counselor. Seek one before you make any investment decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment