Friday, April 13, 2012

iPad3 for investers

I just bought the iPad3. The following is my experience and questions of using iPad3 as an investor.

* Office access is HERE!
The second good news it is free for the first 2 GB. Steps to follow.

1. You can download the apps OnLive Desktop from Apps.
2. You have to create an OnLive Desktop account using the browser to do so.
3. Run the apps.
4. You need to transfer files from your PC to OnLive via
https://desktop.onlive.com/account/myfiles

------
Good apps: Fidelity, Facebook, Angry Bird, Tetgris, Mah Jon [the four player version], Netflix, Google Earth, Skype, iTune U, Radio.


------
* Most have some minor bugs. Mah Jon got hung and I need to use up all the battery to remove running programs.

* iPad is amazing. I can bring it on vacation, but most likely I do not use it to buy stocks or open my bank accounts as I do not trust the Wifi security. Vacation is time to relax after all.

* Netflix looks and works better than my PC.

* Bad apps: Barron, Popular Mechanic,

* I still do not know how to load a bunch of MP3 songs from my PC. I can load one by one via Onlive Desktop. Some one suggests to use the white cable and a SD adapter. The best suggestion is to set up iTune in my PC and they will be accessed from my iPad - will try it.

* How to input traditional Chinese charaters for e-mails? Found the solution and it works. Under setting, select keyboard, and select alternative language and tradition Chinese in my case. Now the keyboard has a Alternate Keyboard key to switch between English and Chinese. You write Chinese in the board and several suggestions will be displayed for your choosing. Quite easy and fine for my need. Slower for some.

* Still cannot how to Play All for the Playlist in Youtube. Try Sound Boomer and so far it does not work.

No comments:

Post a Comment