Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Magic tricks

I watched AGT. Some magic tricks are quite simple (even I can do it) but some are really good.

Last night, making the dice passing thru the glass is quite easy. He covered (or hid) the dice with one finger and showed another dice he hid with another hand from the other side of the glass. Why I could detect it right away? It was a repeated trick by a Chinese magician several years ago. I showed the same trick to my grandchildren. It is similar to the signed card which had been switched.

Will Tsai is quite good especially in the first act. He prepared the second act but AGT did not allow him to do it. I have to use the race card if they do not give us a good reason. It is similar to the girl from Hong Kong. Let her select her own song. She did a great job on the first act, which could win her the show if it is in the final. However, using the high pitch at this age could hurt her in the long run. Found out she started to give mini concert in the subway at an early age of 5.

If you see something you have not seen before, it is great magic. In general, trick is not that complicated but I have not seen it before. Somehow (via a switch control to rotate trap doors),  swap that part of the table so one coin becomes two which are hidden on the under side of the table. It is more complicated than that otherwise I could be a magician.

Magic is about illusion. You cannot pass thing thru sold glass. You cannot tele transport coins. There is no supernatural human. I just want to be entertained and usually I do not want to know why but how. If you can get from a nobody (well known in Hong Kong) to be on the cover of a magazine for magicians, it is real MAGIC.

Investing is true magic: You can double your money or make them disappear. Buy my book Complete The Art of Investing to improve your odd.

No comments:

Post a Comment