Friday, July 4, 2014

Calgary Stampede

From my classmate Fiona in BHJS, Calgary Stampede officially starts tomorrow with multicultural parade (all whites the time I was there about 20 years ago) downtown.

I was there once on a business trip. I have to find the photo of me riding a bull in a three-piece suite. Nothing funnier than that! The airline stewardess hurrying the passengers to leave the plane like cattle was hilarious; today it could be on the web.

Free pancakes on those wagons in downtown. Folks were friendly. We crossed the main street illegally and the driver stopped and said "Good morning folks.". What a nice country! I and a white female co-worker were in the fair. Everyone starred at us as some kind of UFO; it could be my ugly look and her beautiful look or most likely the reverse :).  They may never see one before (20 years ago). The air was fresh. No bugs as they do not survive from the tough winter. That's the reason you want to visit this beautiful city this time of the year. When I see the electric outlet in a parking meter, it would be too cold for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment