Sunday, July 6, 2014

Art of Investing

I merged my two books, "Debunk the Myths" and its sequel "Investing Strategies" into one. Inspired by the title Art of War, I searched amazon.com and ISBN and found no one use the above title. It took about 3 hours to merge the two books, designed the cover and loaded it to amazon.com - thanks to amazon.com e-publishing. The cover is quite artistic and the book is about 555 pages.

Click here for the book.

The cover.
The spider depicts how we buy stock: Time, Find and Score. For the spider, it is Wait, Aim and Bite. Actually its availability from the free clip art library is the sole reason for my choice and the rest is makeup. :)

Art of War.
This book was written about 2300 years ago (my estimate). With some minor interpretation (such as the titles of the officials, capital names...), Chinese text can be read from that long ago. I believe they're craved on bamboo. It has 13 chapters. I believe there were more books from him and got lost from the long history. This book could be the official recording from the emperor.

Japanese business men use this book a lot. The US army adopted this book as the required reading for their officers. I do not think it would be useful in today's warfare except the urban wars that we lose most of the time. I will try to see what and how are relevant to investing.

The story.
The emperor asked the author to demonstrate his technique of training an army. He asked the emperor's ladies to learn how to drill. After several laughs, two leaders of the drill were beheaded and then everyone was serious and he had trained sucessfully the most beautiful army in world's history. 

No comments:

Post a Comment