Saturday, November 17, 2012

Stuffs school does not teach

Mr. Swing introduced himself in our debate at seekingAlpha:

I started a software business with 60K and sold it 3 years later for 5 million. Then I co-founded an online business and 15 years later (a couple of months ago) it was sold to Pearson for 90 million.

(My credentials: Former linguist of Russian in US Army; PhD in Russian and Soviet studies; 25 years teaching the same area.) 

My reply:
All the gold and degrees in the world will not gain you respect here, but from the way and your content you debate, which I have to admit is quite good from a Ph.D.
 

Your gold and your advanced degree will not convince anyone in public debates (we're not your students) but give us resentment and contempt. It also turns my jealousy (a bad human nature) into hatred.

Too bad Debate 101 (together with humor, common sense, humbleness and charm) are not taught in any college I know of and this is the major reason why our education system fails.

---
Mr. Swing, I'm just having fun with you. I do not hate the rich as I'm quite rich by my own humble standard which has the lowest shade of gold in your eyes. I must have too much free time from my unproductive but humble and charming life.

BTW, debating with such prestigious folks must boost up my humble but charming social standing.


(My credentials: Former ITer; MS from a second tier college that does not even offer any  doctorate degree; 30 years in IT making peanuts; self-taught investor with common sense and very humble and very charming personality.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment