Monday, June 25, 2012

Microsoft's new tablet

The Good.
Microsoft should capture a sizable market for business users if they market the products right. They should provide Word Office, Internet compatible with IE and storage via Cloud. 
The built-in disk storage may not require Cloud for storage, but it drains the battery and takes long time to boot if it is from disk. Most of my investment software require IE and all of my investment spreadsheets are in Office.

I do not believe I'll use it during vacation but it will be a handy tool.

Migrating current business applications to the tablet is a good market like the laptops the doctors are carrying.

As long as it is not losing money, it would be a win esp. for the lazy management with no innovation for a long while. You cannot sit on the cash flow from Windows and Office forever. Wake up from your afternoon sleep and dream how to spend your bonuses in your fancy offices and do sth. even it will not be always safe.

The Bad.
It will not be replaced as a consumer product as iPad is years away and the growing apps should kill all your promises.



The two hardware versions seem very strange and complicated for Microsoft to support. Will the ARM version run Office?

My feeling.
When it is that late to have an article at SeekingAlpha and there is no much publicity as opposed to folks lining up for Apple's products, I believe it is a non-event for some mouse trap that is too little and too late. As a stock owner, I hope I'm wrong. 


Click here for Windows and jokes.

No comments:

Post a Comment