Thursday, June 21, 2012

Education by example

When you find out your store under charged you for $1, do you go back to pay them back?

I do not go back all the way to give back for 2 reasons: 1 The store has cheated me intentionally or unintentionally before, so it breaks even. 2. We also need to teach our children to conserve energy. :) My daughter did go back as she afford to be nice.

We should go back if we have children to set up a good example.

The problem with our education system is education should start at home. No matter how much money you throw into the system, it will not work if the students do not want to learn. With so many single-parent and teenage-mother families, I do not see a bright future.


It happens all the time that you have a convict and a doctor in the same class as indicated by this video.


Some of our discrimination and biases are passed to our children unknowingly. That will hurt them eventually. Be careful what we talk/do in front of children.


Education by example is most powerful and effective, but unfortunately it is the most neglected. It is time for the politicians resolve our problems NOT by throwing money only.

2 comments:

  1. Several good responses from this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the examples you chose. "Cat's In The Cradle" By Harry Chapin has as its refrain, "He'd grown up just like me
    My boy was just like me."

    ReplyDelete