Monday, July 1, 2013

Foreign countries are not good buy recently.



Table 3: Score (using the score system in my book Scoring Stocks):

Avg. Score
Foreign Country
Insider’s Purchase
1.86
6
0
Annualized
-216%



The average score is 1.86 (3 is a passing grade defined in my book Scoring Stocks). Four (out of 11) stocks have not been scored.

There is not a single stock with meaningful insider purchase. I have encountered that the lowly-scored stocks with meaningful insider purchase appreciate more than the average. Unfortunately I cannot find any proof in this monitor.

There are too many foreign stocks in this group (not a single foreign stock among the best performers as described in the last chapter). I usually do not trust the financial statements of the smaller, emerging countries. If I skipped these six stocks, I would have saved a bundle. We cannot go back in time, but it is a strong guide for the future. I do not know why I still bought foreign stocks as they did not perform well in the last monitor.
.
Luckily I did not place double bet on any of these losers.



-------

My e-book Debunk the Myths of Investing could save you a lot of money in investing. The above is one chapter out of 105 and some important chapters will not be included in the blog.
  http://ebtonypow.blogspot.com/2012/12/special-debunk-myths-of-buffett.html

Sample portfolio for the book.
  http://stockportfolios.blogspot.com/2013/03/welcome.html

(c) 2013 Tony Pow

Disclaimer. I'm not responsible for your actions in your investment. Treat this as educational information and past performance does not guarantee future performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment