Monday, January 28, 2019

Year-end Return 2018

This is one of my best monthly returns. The average purchase date is 12/28/2018 and the current prices are obtained from morning today (1/28/2019).

The return is 57% and 621% annualized. Most likely the performance will not be repeated. However, it serves as a procedure for coming years. It uses a year-end screen and is described in general term in my books. I also took advantage of the volatility of the market. I challenge all articles, past and present, recommending 8 or more stocks for the best monthly return.

I change the quantity Q to 1 instead of the actual amounts. Several stocks have been purchased more than once. So far 3 of the stock have been sold as indicated with Status = "S".



-------------------

For more of my reasoning, check out the book described next. It has 950 pages (6*9) for $9.99. It could be the best $10 you ever spend.

The above is an abstract from my book "Complete the Art of Investing" which is available from Amazon.



I challenged to have the best-performed article in Seeking Alpha history, an investing site, for recommending 10 or more stocks in one year after the publish date. The concepts for that article are discussed in this book.

--------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment