Saturday, January 3, 2015

Random Rant

* I bet the oil prices will be stable and back up to $80-90 range. In the mean time, some ventures such as oil sand and some high-cost drilling are not profitable. Tesla users wonder how much they save in gas comparing how much premium for the car besides. I believe some oil companies are in bargain bin esp. those who can survive. They are winners and losers.

* Airlines are winners. My recent SA article on airlines. I expect very good profits until Q2 next year. I forgot to add "strikes" is a con too.
http://bit.ly/1zvHYGg

* China is in a dilemma. They want to set up an example to lure Taiwan back to the motherland and want HK back to normal. The youths are too naive to fight against their parents.

* Putin seemed to be the master of chess. Now, he lost his Bishop.

* Ireland is a mirage of an economical miracle. No pot of gold.

* Minimum wage is a mirage for sure. Many workers will work for less and have to pass the cost to the customers. More factory jobs will be moved to foreign countries. Let's compare it to a college graduate makes if s/he can find a job.

* I have a post saying "No innovation is the best innovation". Examples abound from the new version of Windows to start to the airbags today (or the problem was there on Day 1). I rest my case.

No comments:

Post a Comment