Monday, October 6, 2014

Economical refugee vs political refugees

I consider myself as an economical refugee (seeking a better economical life) even I have not received a penny from welfare. I came here for college when it was very tough to be admitted to the limited higher education in Hong Kong.
 

Real political refugees are very few. When a Russian came here, he may use political reason to apply for immigration, but in reality he comes here for a better economical life.

The old rule is you need a sponsor to apply for immigration and the sponsor is responsible for your welfare for 3 years. Today, I know a lot goes to the welfare office directly on the first day. They all know all the tricks. This will bring the country down when we do not have much to give (borrowing from foreign countries is very short sighted except for the votes).

 

No comments:

Post a Comment