Friday, February 3, 2012

A prolonged recession

We're in the 4th year of this recession. It is the longest from my memory. We tried too many short-term solutions like printing money to the max. and rescuing big companies that should be failed. Politicians want to buy votes and voters do not want to bite the bullet.

Sometimes no solution is the best solution and let nature take care of itself.

I'm looking and longing for a prolonged bull market when the two wars are finally and completely ended. US is still full of natural resources esp. per capita wise. Every one who wants to work should have a job when the environmentalists allow the oil companies to drill and the politicians have a longer vision beyond four years.

-------

(c) TonyP4 2012. Written in 2/3/12. Last updated in 2/3/12.

Disclaimer:

Do not gamble your money you cannot afford to lose. Past performance is a guideline and does not guarantee future performance.

All my posts are for informational purposes only. I'm not a professional investment counselor. Seek one before you make any investment decision.

2 comments:

  1. Eric said:

    I think you are completely spot on with this point. The system needs to cleanse itself once and for all, and current policies are only prolonging the agony at this point. I was OK with QE1, as a chaotic unraveling could not have been allowed, but I still wonder if we wouldn't be much further along in putting the crisis behind us if QE2 was left on the shelf back in 2010. Sure the adjustment process is painful, but so are many things in life that must inevitably be endured before things can get better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wheels said:

    Recession for 4 years...hmmm...sounds like a depression to me...And we all know the reason why nature will never be allowed to take care of itself: because it's not politically tenable. No politician can stand up and speak to the dumb masses that

    On the investing front, can someone please tell me how it is possible to get real valuations for the market with all the juice that global central banks have put in? Trying to invest with "fundamentals" in mind is making my brain hurt, because there is no such thing as fundamentals with all this intervention. And, 2008 is still staring us in the face, and scares me. And I think I'm a pretty average Joe investor out there.

    ReplyDelete