Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Debunk the Myths in Investing - Special to friends

Description and Table of Content follow Available section.

* All proceeds on these books in May, 2013 will be donated to the earthquake victims in China.

Available (Regular Prices):

1. Click Kindle for $9.99 (Kindle or Kindle on iPad) or
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CLCKX52

2. Click Printed Copy for $19.95 or
https://www.createspace.com/4249055

3. PDF & development version for limited circulation at $10.99 ($7 for you) direct from the author (see below).


Special to friends.
Buy direct and it is based on Amazon prices (70% royalty).
Debunk the Myths for $7.

The optional package of all three books (click the book for details) including this book, Scoring Stocks and A Nation of No Losers in PDF format costs $15.

How to order from the author.

1. Send a check of $7 (or $15 for all three ebooks) to Tony Pow, 3 Sleeper Dr., Burlington, MA 01803.

Include your email address with title Book order for Myth. I'll send you the PDF version.

OR

2. PayPal account.
If you do not have a PayPal account, open one at PayPal.com at no charge. The advantage is you do not have to give a credit card number to a stranger. It takes minutes and eventually most should have one.

Pay $7 (or $15 for all three books) to pow_tony@yahoo.com from your PayPal.com.

Just in case, email me with the email title: Book order for Myth.
I'll send you the PDF version by reply.

--------------

Description of Debunk the Myths in Investing



I did not write this book …
to waste your time, nor my time. Granted that there are no sure-win strategies to make money, I still believe my strategies can provide some guidance. Making serious money takes serious devotion of not only your money, but time and due diligence. In fact, I earn more money now than when I had a steady income.
The success of my investments has made me financially comfortable; what is the point or purpose of learning-- to earn money and more money-- that I have done! Read Chapter 102 on how I beat S&P 500 by 700% multiple times in a short period. It will not be sustainable for sure. My current strategies are more conservative as my lifestyle does not depend on that extra money. However, some strategies are more profitable and riskier than others. Choose the ones that fit your risk tolerance.

I have spent a lot of time to find hints to detect market plunges. It is one out of 105 chapters but it is the most important chapter. This could help you avoid the next big plunge that could cost you more than 40% of your investment. Market recoveries offer the best opportunity to make big money-- in my book, I describe when and how. Your money to buy this book and the time you invest in could lead to great gains. Such diligence and effort keeps on rewarding for years to come.

I have been a stock investor for over 30 years and a full-time investor for the last six years with exhaustive stock research and performance improvements. I have read over 100 books on investing in addition to the WSJ and Barron’s. I have conducted exhaustive simulations to test these strategies over the past 12 years. Recently, I have been creating many new strategies to adept to the current market conditions and challenges. It is my passion to find the better way to profit from the stock market at the least risk by using market timing and stock evaluation. I enjoy sharing my passion with other.

My children are not interested in investing. Hence, I do not hold back any of my ‘secrets’. However, some strategies are too complicated to describe in a book and/or require some extra tools / subscription services, but I’ll be available to show them to you and/or your organization on a consulting basis.



I did write this book for …


Buffett is one of the greatest investors in our generation. Some of his practices are not applicable in today's market, as many opportunities of the past two decades are not open to the general public. I debunk some of his myths and hopefully you will be able to avoid those pitfalls of conventional wisdom. The reader should be a better investor from my good and bad investment experiences.

The book also shows you how to distinguish good data from garbage covering many investment subscriptions and advices. We would have avoided the bank meltdown if we follow the advice not to invest in specific sectors in this book.

This book describes why the retail investors do not usually beat the index despite of the advantages we have. When we understand the problems and follow the suggestions from this book, we will hopefully beat the index.

I boldly predict that a secular bull market will be starting as early as 2017 when the two wars will be finally over. If it does not happen, most likely it will happen before 2020. I have strong arguments for both scenario forecasts. You hear it here first.

This book includes many strategies in trading for profits. Any strategy could be over-used. That’s why I provide a modified strategy for the popular Dogs of Dow. There is one illustration on how to design a strategy yourself and test it out. We need to use the right strategy for the current market conditions. Many, including many fund managers, fail to do so and achieve a sub-par performance.

Market timing is discussed in detail with market cycle and by calendar such as Presidential Cycle, ‘Sell in May’, best and worst times to invest, etc.

This book covers most topics in investing including diversification, profit protection, trade prices, selling short, covered calls and trade plans. I offer practical solutions and guidelines via my experiences.

The lessons from my bad experiences could be more valuable than the good ones. I achieved over 80% return in 2009 in my largest taxable account and reveal my secrets here. The bottom fishing strategy could be the best time during early market recovery.

I wrote down my findings for my own use. I re-read and test what work and what do not work and I commit to monitor how my metrics work from time to time. A good idea may not work all the time.

This book contains 105 original and refreshing articles except that some articles (most Section II and III) are copied from my other book, A Nation of No Losers, a political satire.

This book is for more advanced than the average retail investor. Some fund managers told me they found the ideas very useful. I also provide links to the basic topics so it is good for beginners too. I also provide a blog for this book so it is never-ending once you get hooked. Sample portfolios provide real-life examples to the concepts of this book.






--------------
Contents

No comments:

Post a Comment