Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Disasters in 2020


There are some predictions that U.S. will suffer a lot in 2020. Even with some good arguments, I am not totally convinced. However, I would take actions, similar to buying insurance. I would like to invest in gold and foreign countries (but all countries will be on fire if the prediction is correct). I will limit my Chinese stock holdings in 2020 for sure.

To some, China has a cycle of disasters every 60 years and 2020 is supposed to be the year for disasters. It happened in the last three: 1960 Great Famine (1959-1961 and estimated 30 million died), 1900 Boxer Rebellion (1899 – 1901) and 1840 First Opium War (1839 – 1842). I cannot find any major disaster in 1780 and Sino-Japan War is not in the cycle year.  It has 3 rights and 2 wrongs – not a bad bet.

Some predictors believe the USD would lose the reserve currency status. It is quite possible as we have been printing too much USD and our national debt is ridiculously high compared to our GDP. The hint today is some countries are not using USD for trading. The “One Belt, One Road” is another example.

Secondly, they also believe there will be an overdue earthquake that would destroy California. Despite of any predictions, it would happen but hopefully not in my life time. It would destroy Silicon Valley and Hollywood. The stock market would lose all the value. The Federal government would not rescue California in this scale and that would lead California to be independent.

The two events if materialize would possibly cause a global depression and even civil wars. Election year is traditionally a good year for the market, but I will be more careful this time.

Believe it or not? But, do not say you’ve not been warned. Personally I do not believe it but I will take some actions just like buying insurance. I hope the predictions are wrong. For more info, check out Billy Meier from the web. He did have some correct predictions but some of his photos were falsified. It could be the most entertaining article in this book or the most important one. Will update this article on 1/1/2021 if we survive. Written on 8/3/2019.

---

The above is from my new book "Trade War with China". Click here.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment